JSM-Singapore 56th Anniversary Service (8 August 2020)
(Reported by Bros Paul Ling and Andrew Zhang) On 8th August 2020, Singapore Jesus Saves Mission celebrated her 56th anniversary. This year, the thanksgiving service was held in a unique manner, where there were fewer than 50 attendees onsite, with the safe distance measurements in place. The rest of the congregation had to worship from home over Zoom. This online service also led to an opportunity of making it possible for our overseas brethrens and invited guests to attend at their convenience.
We thank God that we were able to hear Pastor Yeow preached God’s word to us, reminding us that God’s exceeding sovereignty is present in our lives and that He is in full control no matter how arduous our journey of life may be. We need to be watchful and guard ourselves against the distractions of this world that will draw us away from Christ.
We will also like to thank:
- Elder Dr Fong Kok Yong for chairing the service
- Ms Shelly Lim for the interpretation into Mandarin
- Bro John Chan for being onsite together with the deaf congregation and interpreting the message into sign language
- Bro Mun Wah with his team of helpers who came a week before the service to clean up the church premises
- Bro Henry Ong for the technical support rendered so that the online streaming can be made possible.
- The Youths who put together a song item entitled “May the Lord Find us Faithful”
- Bro Aaron Chew who combined the youth’s singing with a video down memory lane
- Bro Jerry Teng and Bro Shaun Mok for the photography services
- Sis Elizabeth for playing the piano
- All other Brothers and Sisters in Christ who helped in other ways who made this service possible
Truly, as mentioned in Psalms 133:1 “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!”
We pray that God, in his kindness, mercy and his own timing, will one day allow the congregation to be back in church for the weekly worship and fellowship.